Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Someone Didn't Die Today

I'm afraid of death in a wrong time. I don't want to see it or feel it. I can't help myself when the situation comes. Just like today.
I woke up late. It's 7:45 in the morning and we have a short film shooting on 8:30am. Even though I know I'm late, I move and packed important things so slow and lazy. I ate breakfast and had a little chit-chat with my brother and auntie.  It's so hot on that morning. My body felt tired to go outside and do something. It’s 35 degrees Celsius and a wind feel of 43. I pressed myself to be energetic and take a shower. Yes! I did it really quick.
After I took a shower, I’m ready to verve. I will go to Antipolo City and it will take about 2 hours of my travel time. I knew I’m very late. I’m about to go out but my grandmother went to her room and took a nap. She felt so dizzy so I moved closely to her, checked her and I thought she was ok.
It’s 8:30am and my smartphone was not ready to unplugged from the charger, so I sit on the sofa and wait until my battery will be 90% ready.
My grandmother went to the comfort room. She stated that her stomach was bad.
Suddenly she shouted for help. “Ian, Ian! Come here! I can’t see anything; my vision is becoming black” she said with a deep painful voice. We thought that it was one of her drama, for my Grandmother have been doing that - to gain attention. Maybe she wants a cuddle or something else done by her family member. But it’s no joke.
When I passed by on the comfort room. I saw her, unconscious. I thought she was sleeping. I call my older brother, Ian to woke her up, for I’m doing my shoe lace. She woke her up but she didn’t move. When I’m finished tying my shoe lace, I wake her up too. She didn’t move or woke up again. She was so cold. I called Michelle our helper to wake her, but she didn’t. It’s like a very cold water was poured on my entire body, I panicked and went to comfort room. I noticed that her breath was stopped. We didn’t know what to do. We’re only three on the house. We’ve called anyone on our landline’s contact list but no one was answering.
“Lord! Lord! Not today please! We’re not ready” I prayed. It’s feel like my body was trembling to death, and gosh she was breathing. I’m relieved, but she’s stayed unconscious.  I kept calling my Aunties.
“She moved” Michelle shouted. I ran to the comfort room and yes! She was moving. We handled her a glass of water. It’s very thankful and the pressure came out. Thanks be to God!
After that, we moved our Grandmother to her room. We turned the air conditioner on to make the room cool.  After an hour, we bring her to the hospital.
At this moment, she’s ok.
Our Life is not ours. We have no power to know at what time it will be shut down, extinct and decomposed. God is the real proprietor. He will make a way to protect or delete it from this world.  Today, me and my brother was God’s given armor to protect or Grandmother’s life from death. He made a way to cancel our appointment. My shooting and Kuya's trip to Puerto Galera was cancelled.

What if we go outside and we leave our grandmother alone? I can’t imagine it. Thank you Lord Jesus, it didn't happen. Death situation is hard to handle. Anyone can die, but someone didn’t die today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment